Last Updated: February 28, 2018
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in the Kakkuro Service owned by Kakkuro Suite, LLC. (“Kakkuro”) and operated by Kakkuro Suite, LLC.
The Information Kakkuro Collects:
When you use the Kakkuro Service, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. Kakkuro may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Kakkuro Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Kakkuro Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Kakkuro Service to their fullest potential.
Automatically Collected Information:
When you use the Kakkuro Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Kakkuro Service, the pages you view on the Kakkuro Service, and the dates and times that you visit the Kakkuro Service.
Third Party Web Beacons:
We may also implement third party content, such as analytics and tracking services, on the Kakkuro Service that uses “clear gifs” or “web beacons”, which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your access of that content displayed on the Kakkuro Service. This information is collected directly by the third party, and Kakkuro does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
Information from Other Sources:
We may also obtain information, including personally identifiable information, from third parties and sources other than the Kakkuro Service, such as advertisers or your Subscribing Organization.
The Way Kakkuro Uses Information:
- Kakkuro uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Kakkuro Service. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we use information provided by users in connection with integration of the Kakkuro Service with the applicable Partners’ services, and with ISV Applications.
- We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or regarding User Submissions that you have posted to the Kakkuro Service.
- Kakkuro uses the information that you provide or that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Kakkuro Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Thive may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Kakkuro Service; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Kakkuro Service and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- Kakkuro may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send (a) messages about the Kakkuro Service, such as when you receive a message, comment, or request from another user, (b) promotional messages related to the Kakkuro Service and the activities of third parties we work with, and (c) messages on behalf of other users who think you may be interested in the Kakkuro Service. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the Kakkuro Service.
When Kakkuro Discloses Information:
Kakkuro is not in the business of selling your information to direct marketers. We do, however, disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with the operation of our business. For example:
- Kakkuro discloses the information you provide or that we collect to ISVs and Syndication Partners (including ISV Applications you subscribe to) with the Kakkuro Service.
- The Kakkuro Service enables users to communicate in a variety of ways. Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to include in an area on the Kakkuro Service that is accessible to another user, such as a public profile page or in a review, comment, posting, electronic message, or other User Submission, will be available to other users who have access to that content. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others any of these ways, it may be collected, used, and disclosed by the recipients without restriction.
- Kakkuro may provide ISVs, applicable Partners, and your Subscribing Organization with information regarding your use of the Kakkuro Service.
- Kakkuro may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties, to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Kakkuro Service.
- Kakkuro works with third party service providers who provide website development, hosting, maintenance, and support as well as other business services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their work, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- Kakkuro uses third party payment processing services, and your personal information will be disclosed to such providers in connection with processing your payment of fees and other transactions you initiate on the Kakkuro Service.
- Kakkuro may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- Kakkuro works to promote a safe and reliable service for all users, and actively supports law enforcement. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Kakkuro Suite and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Kakkuro Service; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of Kakkuro Suite, our users, or others.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that all or a portion of Kakkuro Suite or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. Your Choices:
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with Kakkuro Suite, in which case Kakkuro Suite may not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality found on the Kakkuro Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Kakkuro Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
Third Party Services:
The Kakkuro Service contains links to and integrates with Web sites and services provided by third parties, including without limitation ISVs and Partners (where applicable). Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Kakkuro Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Kakkuro Suite makes use of certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards in our efforts to safeguard the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Kakkuro Suite, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Kakkuro Suite endeavors to secure our systems, but please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by system malfunction or circumvention of our safeguards. If Kakkuro Suite learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Kakkuro Suite may post a notice through the Kakkuro Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
The Kakkuro Service is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Kakkuro Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Kakkuro Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users):
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only
here we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
Kakkuro Suite Contact Information:
Disclaimer: Products and services available to you through the Third Party Marketplace(s) are third parties’ products and services. YOUR USE OF THE THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES IS GOVERNED BY THE TERMS OF SUCH THIRD PARTY. KAKKURO SUITE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR SOFTWARE DELIVERED FROM THIRD PARTIES. Links to non-Kakkuro Suite websites (“Linked Websites”) are provided to you solely as a convenience. If you decide to leave Kakkuro Suite’ websites and access Linked Websites, you do so at your own risk and Kakkuro Suite will have no liability arising out of or related to such Linked Websites and/or their content or any damages or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection of any purchase or use of any such content, products or services available on or through any such Linked Website.